Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 14, 2011

Hello from Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg). I'm spending three days with our son Steve (in picture) and his wife Andy as I make my way to Portland, Maine...the beginning of the East Coast Ride.
I left Sacramento on Sunday and did a short stop in Hot Springs, AR where I did a Showroom Selling Workshop for a wonderful, family owned business.
Steve has set me up with his bike on a trainer in the basement so I'll be able to put in a few "miles" while I'm here. I'm also going to see several high school, college and "old" work friends while I'm here in central PA. I'm excited about that!
Since I started serious training about 10 weeks ago I've logged about 2000 miles on my new Trek, 30 gear bike (all around the Sacramento area). I'm not quite in the shape I was for the cross country ride, but I think I'm ready for the 1600 mile jaunt down the East Coast. Let's hope they're done with the earthquakes, tornadoes, floods and hurricanes! I do know we'll have some detours along the way.
Carol leaves this Sunday for Hartford, CT and SAG (Support and Gear) driver training. This is a very responsible job and she's taking it seriously. Saturday I fly to Portland, Maine to meet Champ, my roommate on the 2009 cross country ride. Champ, his wife Ronnie and I are going to do a little sightseeing in that beautiful part of the country before meeting up with the team of riders and staff next Tuesday.
I'm ready, and pumped! I'm excited, I'm a little nervous but I'm also anxious to get started!
More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment